Thursday, April 2, 2020

acrylics

I always loved painting with watercolors. I didn't start painting with acrylics until the last couple of years. I really enjoy the boldness of the colors. But photographing the paintings is more difficult. This first one is entitled, My Secret Place.  There was a place out in my Grandparents garden, where some trees and bushes made a little place, I took as my own. That was the memory that inspired this painting.




My wife saw a photograph of an old bridge across a stream, that reminded me of one I had known growing up.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time at this bridge, but remembered standing and watching the creek flow.  I have tried but can't remember for sure where the bridge was. Wondered if it was still there.



This last painting is untitled. It was painted from memory, of the river on my parent's ranch. I loved the view and remembered a series of little valleys across the river, getting higher and higher like rungs on a ladder.






No comments:

Post a Comment