Sunday, April 5, 2020

the mind


this post is probably as much about my mind, as it is about paintings. I have found over the years, my mind will get fixated on a series of colors, or brush strokes, and I am obligated to try to paint what my mind wants, though I am not sure what it wants. But I have noticed when looking at colors schemes, and brush strokes, there are familiar patterns. These paintings seem a kin to each other in my mind. . . .like brother and sister, or cousins.

I have no titles for this painting, but I would point out, to me, I see a face in the upper right corner in the yellow sector there.



this painting again, untitled as a similar color scheme, but to many it may not seem related to the painting above or below it, but in my mind it is. Even though I on some days, see nothing in common between the two, even though my brain tells me they are related.  I do see a head of some sort of insect in the upper middle of this painting.


Sometimes it feels quite baffling, when you paint a painting and don't know what or why you painted the said painting. But in doing so, my mind tends to find some comfort. And since basically the only reason I paint is the need to help my mind cope with reality, I am okay with that. In this painting, on the upper center left of the painting, I see an alligator. Don't know if anyone else sees it or not.


This painting again features the same colors, yellow, blue, red and green, This painting is stuffed full of visions of things, which I see. I see a union soldier in blue standing in the upper left of the painting. Towards the middle center of the painting, I see a figure which reminds me of edward scissor hands. In the upper left I see a figure which reminds me of an Aztec god. This painting did get published in an online website. I sent a batch of three paintings, with this being the one I was least proud of, yet of the three, this was the only one published on the website. I almost asked why, but decided I wasn't sure, I wanted to know.





Again, the color scheme, and nervousness exists in this painting. And again, it is untitled, and I am not sure what I painted or why. My mind was quite pleased with this painting, I do remember that. This morning it just looks like some creatures trapped in a pit of blue.



This last painting really pleased my mind also. And again, I am not sure what I am seeing, or what I was trying to capture on canvas, or paper.  I do see a profile of a man, in the middle left center of the page, with red hair. I also get the image of white flowers towards the middle bottom of the page. White as been an element in all these paintings also. Whether parts of the paper were left white, or white was interlaced with the other colors. Interesting how the mind works.




No comments:

Post a Comment