Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A COVID poem

Covid-19

days wasted in fear of covid,
death lurking at every door,
in every hug,
the truth forgotten,
death wed to life,
one does not exist,
without the other,
there are no guarantees,
life transitory,
the Scriptures warn,
the time of our deaths unknown,
except to the God above,
security an illusion,
Science does not know,
nor the governments of the world,
though salvation promised,
but for how long,
and at what cost?
days wasted,
never recovered,
or relived,
the approach sinful,
when days lived in fear.



I tire of people telling me, "I will follow the science."

Science is only a methodology. Following science is what has given us, Global Warming, the threat of Nuclear destruction, and COVID.   To say I will follow the science, is to say, I do not believe in  God, I believe in the genius of Man. Science is blind, it is reactionary. It never exists on the cutting edge of reality, but is delayed by our evaluation and analysis of reality . . .Science is tinted by our perceptions of reality, it is never pure . .and seldom correct . . . .

Douglas Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment