Sunday, April 26, 2020

favorites

People have asked me about favorite paintings I have painted. Here are seven  that today are some of my favorites, though my favorites change almost on a daily basis. The reason these are favorites might be what I feel the painting captures, or how it looks, or even what it reminds me of . . .

This first painting is one I just painted this past week. I was really feeling homesick for my home in the Sand Hills of Nebraska. I painted it from memory, but it captures the place, even if this particular bend might not exist just as it appears about the canvas.


this painting, holds a special place in my heart, because I believe to painted from a photo I took riding horseback working cattle one day. It would have been taken by an old 110 camera. . .



this painting was painted and I was thinking of a buffalo stampede of all this. . .This captured some energy or something, other than buffalo stampeding. . . .



This painting was about relationships between the sexes in the 21st century . . .enough said . . .




Driving around town after Christmas one day, I came across this tractor in a vacant field. It reminded me of a tractor my Grandpa used to let me play on. . .though that tractor had metal wheels . . . .


I love this painting, it is of a winter sky, after a snow storm at a local lake . . . .



This painting was in response to the Me Too movement.  If I had ever done anything to a woman of which I should ask forgiveness , , , this hopefully represents that moment. . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment