Saturday, May 2, 2020

flowers

I love flowers, but I am not skilled at painting flowers. I seem to find myself painting the impression of flowers, or what they cause my senses to see. Below are some examples.

I started this painting of a flower and it evolved other directions. I see a little purple man in the painting, and maybe the start of some flowers . . . . .


This painting always brings Wimbledon to mind. I don't know why, it is a painting of some flowers, maybe it was painted at that time of year. I really don't know . .why it invokes Wimbledon when I see this painting. 


This painting, I painted when I came in from a rain shower one Spring. One of my last images as I entered the house, was of flowers in our garden getting pelted by the rain.  I sought to capture what I saw on canvas . . . .It was really an interesting image. . . .


These were some large sunflower type of flowers, though they were not sunflowers, but I thought them interesting enough to try to paint . . . .


This painting was of a boutique of flowers that someone had picked, and I just really liked the colors of the flowers, and the color of the sky in the background. . .I believe they were in a mason jar on an outdoor table. . . . .
























No comments:

Post a Comment