Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Favorites

I have a number of favorite paintings, though I don't show some of them on here. When I sell a painting, I try not to exhibit the photograph I took of it before it sold. I like to think the image belongs to the buyer. I only have the right to look at the photograph in the privacy of my own home. So I have other favorites, some I may like even more than these, but these four paintings are four paintings still in my possession that are my favorites.

This first one is entitled "Mind Blown". I didn't see the face  until a couple of hours after painting this image, and I don't think if I had tried to paint a face it would be as good as the one painted . .in profile, if you need a clue. Mind Blown was the way I felt after studying this painting, and realizing I had painted it. I don't think this one I will ever sell. 

"Patches" is the name of this painting. I was thinking of old circus tents. I think the day I painted this, there had been a story about the circus in the news. I don't remember what the story was, but that was the inspiration when I got started. Then for some reason I started thinking about birthdays,and kids birthday parties and those thoughts influenced the painting. Ultimately, I just really like the colors, I am not sure why I added the white to it, but do like the way it makes the eye wander over the painting.



                  This one I have called a number of different things, but like the title "the shopkeeper and the shopper". This painting was one of the first where I was really trying to be free with my brush, but still crisp and concise. Again, I love the movement in this painting. Don't know what he is selling, or what she is buying, I just love this painting.


             This one tonight is called "all God's creatures". This was one of the first ones where I experimented again with the stripes. I enjoy viewing this from a distance and then walking closer to it. I just love it, and think is is a unique painting. . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment