Sunday, October 8, 2017

White Water

White Water

This is one of my few attempts of painting with oils. It has a totally different feel to painting with watercolors. Watercolors were what I had as a child, and I just love painting with watercolors. Though at my last exhibit in Lincoln, one of the people viewing the exhibit wanted  to argue with me whether my paintings were watercolor or oil. After the first time I ever exhibited, some of the other artists told me they thought I had some talent, but I needed to study with someone, and one of them, it seems to me,  even offered to teach me (at a retreat) to paint. But I was afraid I would lose what painting gives me, if I began thinking of it in a different way. I mainly paint to cope, otherwise I feel like I could lose my sanity. Painting is praying, and it is like being in a different state of awareness. It always amazes me, I start a painting, and think minutes have passed, and it is four hours later. 

Douglas Polk

No comments:

Post a Comment