Monday, September 28, 2020

Gospel of Doug: What to Do?

Many times attempting to lead a Christian life we have to make decisions about the different paths we will take in our life. Scriptures state if we are humble in our faith, God will help us with our decisions. I think lots of times we worry more about what others will think our decisions, than taking the time to reflect on the decision we should make in the first place. In the Gospel, a father asked his two sons to work in his vineyard. One of the sons said no, than he went and worked, and the other son said yes, and then he didn't work in the father's vineyard. One of the lessons I get out of these scriptures is; if we make a bad decision we always have the ability to revisit a bad decision. God allows us to revisit bad decisions. In my case, I think sometimes I may be too proud to revisit a bad decision, because of how it will look to other people. The other lesson I got from these scriptures is that if you are humble, God will help you make a good decision, and help you revisit bad decisions. Being humble to me, means being flexible, and keep checking back with the Lord about the decisions we make. God really wants us to be successful, but being successful is up to us, if we are not humble enough to put God first, than the likelihood of success decreases accordingly.

Lesson Eight


No comments:

Post a Comment