Monday, January 27, 2020

Enough



I painted this image, during Trump's presidency when the Mueller investigation was going on strong. The impeachment of the president has brought it back into my mind.  The title of the painting is "Enough". If you were looking at this, you would probably being thinking that is a image of me, trying to get away from all the madness. This painting was on public exhibit and people commented about feeling the same way. I smiled and kept quiet, but no one understood what this painting represented. This painting actually represents the politicians and their followers both democrat and republican who will bury their heads in the sand, so they don't not have to see another view point, or admit that their side has the same flaws as the other side.  Since painting this painting, I decided I am in no position,  nor will I ever be in the position to truly judge others. I, myself, do bury my own head in the sand at times, when I don't want to face difficult truths about myself or my beliefs. But on the other hand, many of the beliefs I profess are not my personal beliefs, in the sense, I did not create the belief, or did or do I feel I have the right to decide these beliefs, they are the beliefs handed down through the ages and the traditions of the Catholic Church.  I believe the way I do, because I follow the doctrines and beliefs in the Bible, and in the traditions of faith and religion. So on second thought, to some people, maybe I am the person in this painting, burying my head in the sand . . .Enough . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment